Reporting on all things sharp and how they got that way
Register now for the Supply fair and Sharpeners Workshops Event. Download the REGISTRATION FORM SHARPENERS WORKSHOP
Publishing Office Tel: 952-406-8870
Creative Lakes Media, LLC publishes Sharpeners Report, a monthly newsletter on knife sharpening, scissor and beauty shear sharpening, industrial blades and woodworking tool and saw blade sharpening, pet groomer scissor and clipper blade sharpening, equipment news, industry training events. Sharpeners Report is proud to sponsor its Annual Sharpening Price survey. Please download your copy and send it in (we welcome your price list), so we can provide the best data Sharpening Price Report for 2015. PRICE SURVEY 2014-final
See our Testimonials! To Subscribe to the Newsletter, click here! Sign up for a free sample issue Paid SUBSCRIBERS: Access Archive here, with password. Sharpeners’ Supplier Directory .
From Our Blog
2015 Sharpeners Workshop and Supply Fair
When: Thursday, April 16 and Friday, April 17: 8am – 5 pm Saturday, April 18: 7 am – Noon.
Education Options: Perfect Edge will offer a commercial knife sharpening class, with a tour of a restaurant knife sharpening operation nearby. NBTSG and IBSA will offer shear certification opportunities. Grinding Wheel Tech Talk, Clipper Blade and Beauty Shear sharpening classes will be offered, and more! Many classes will be free; some noted below require an extra fee. Saw and Tool sharpeningbusiness roundtables, Marketing, and Route Management discussions will be offered. A Saw Hammering Workshop will be held nearby at South East Tool. Registration is now open. To view Educational Tracks, Semi-Private and extra fee seminars, and tour opportunities, read on.
Business Track for All Attendees
- Marketing to Grow Panel Discussion
- Software / Technology for Small Businesses Round Table Discussion
- Route Management Round Table Discussion
- Mobile Sharpening Rigs Photo Share, Round Table Discussion
- Sell Tools! Add revenue Panel Discussion – Call for Volunteers!
Saw & Tool Track
- Abrasives Tech Talk, Wayne Wheeler, Advanced Super Abrasives
- Tool & Saw Sharpening Machine Maintenance
- Invest in Automation Panel / Industrial Knife Grinding
- Certification on Shears by NBTSG: Judges Insight: How to successfully certify.
- Shear Convex Sharpening with Dennis Brooks, Sharp Edges
- Shear Knowledge: The Basics, Gene Megowan, Bonika
- Shear Ride Line Talk with Jim O’Donnell, Wolff
- Thinner Shears Sharpening Workshop, Davi Wayne-Disney
- Clipper Blade Repair –Basics Overview
- Clipper Blade Sharpening 5 n1 Blades and/or Lg. Animal Blades – 2 speakers
- Farmers Markets Round Table Discussion
- Knife Sharpening Demos / General Q&A Class – 2 speakers
- Knife Sharpness Testing Activity
Have an event? Contact our publishing office to get listed.
Jan. 17, 2015 – Georgia
Beginner Shear Sharpening with Bonika equipment, Clipper Blade Sharpening with Tim Lau. Instructors Bonnie Megowan will cover beginner shear class. Fee $250 per class, or $300 for one. Register on EventBrite.
March 14-15, Illinois
Seasoned Shear Sharpening Refresher course with Dennis Brooks in Decatur, IL. Semi-private class size 4-6. Fee: $150. Call 217-422-0911. Email: email@example.com
March 14-15, Iowa
Shear Sharpening with Wolff Industries equipment. Instructors Jim O’Donnell and The Edge Pro Jason Sturm offer 2 days in depth training on shear sharpening, clipper blade and clipper repair. 2-day sessions Fee $89 until March 1, Fee=$109. Class size: 50. Call Wolff 800-888-3832 to register.
April 16-18, North Carolina
Sharpeners Report Workshop and Supply Fair in Hickory, NC. All Knife, Saw, Shear and Clipper Blades Training and Workshops. General sessions 2.5 day Fee: $88. After March 1, Fee=$105. Register at EventBrite.
ISKA group seminar on Saw Hammering nearby. Semi-private group lessons (4-6 students) on shear and clipper blade sharpening classes available, from $99. Call for fees to register, first come first serve until filled. Tel. 952-406-8870.