The October issue features an article about the Perfect Edge Tower, a knife sharpening system for high volume sharpening, At the Sharp Fest 2017 Workshop, Mike Solaegui offered these fun facts we offer as an addedum to the article. Need the article original? Subscribe to the newsletter on our Store. See our book on “Knife Sharpeners as a Business” or the DVD on the Perfect Edge Tower demo. This is a trade publication web site. We report all equipment product news, and have no affliation with the products mentioned in editorial coverage other than fact-checking information is accurately provided by our expert sources in the sharpening industry.
DID YOU KNOW?
- China has over 1500 companies that make knives, using German steel.
- Columbia cutlery does not have hollowed round edges.
- A tooth knife, used by butchers and fishmongers, is different to sharpen than other knives.
- Japanese serrated knives are not scalloped but are waves.
- Knives made before 1960s were much softer and easier to sharpen—and faster to dull.
If you like to view videos on YouTube, here are some to consider on this topic:
DVD Preview 30 minute demonstration from Sharp Fest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpNEuzRxjXA