Sharpeners Report is the only independent full spectrum professional sharpening publication for professional sharpeners.The monthly newsletter is sent to professional sharpeners of knives, saws, shears, clipper blades, blades for industrial, carpentry and restaurant and retail use, cutting tools for the woodworking, food and plastics industries, and scissors and clipper blades for the beauty & pet grooming retailers. We email the news to sharpeners in the UK, Australia, Africa and other English-speaking continents. Download a PROFILE-SHARPENERS REPORT
Copyright 1981-2016 Our readers sharpen any of the following: industrial blades, woodworking tools, beauty shears, clipper blades, chain saws, router bits, paper-cutting knives, chef knives, stump grinders, lawn mower blades or auger blades and ice skates. We help you grow by delivering relevant information. You gain knowledge on the latest innovations to achieve the optimal edge.
Why Subscribe? If you truly enjoy the art and science of sharpening as a professional sharpener, you likely are already or will soon be a fan of Sharpeners Report. The monthly newsletter can be mailed or emailed to you, with the bonus website coverage offering more in-depth coverage and access to archives (a work in progress). We report sharpening equipment news, “how to” articles, and offer buy/sell classifieds specifically for knife, cutting tool, beauty salons and pet grooming shear and clipper blade sharpeners in the US and Canada.
Editorial content: If you want to know how to gain the perfect edge, how to stay profitable while doing what you enjoy, and be familiar with the latest equipment, then you’ll enjoy reading Sharpeners Report. We keep the pages turning with success stories and “how to” features. Seasonal issues, business cycles and new industry technology along with entrepreneurial topics and business models are covered.
Pro Sharpeners know there is not just one way to sharpen blades. Subscribers share knowledge by contributing articles edited by Creative Lakes Media. We love to receive article ideas and story contributions, and feedback! Follow SHARPENERS REPORT on Facebook.
Why Advertiser? If you sell scissors, saw blades, sharpening equipment, supplies, offer training or certification awards to professional sharpeners, you will reach more buyers in this niche industry with Sharpeners Report. Advertise your new or updated product news, trade show, educational event, training and/or certification opportunities with us. Your print or web ad will be seen by sharpeners in the US, Canada, and globally if on the website.
Classified Ads help our readers buy and sell used equipment.
History: Celebrating 35 years! Since 1981, small to large sharpeners and industry suppliers have enjoyed and supported the Sharpeners Report. Together, we remain on the cutting edge of sharpening techniques and service.
Industry segments: Sharpeners serve beauty salons, pet groomers, vets, dentists, chefs, restaurants, chefs, homeowners, lumber companies, woodworkers, cabinet-makers, lawn and garden services, and construction businesses along with industrial companies that use reusable cutting tools. Examples include:
- beauty salon clipper blades, barber clipper blades, nippers,
- household scissors, sewing scissors, pinking shears, tin snips, aviation snips
- beauty shears and scissors
- hand saws, crosscut, rip, miter/back saws, keyhole saws, retoothing, wood chisels, hand plane blades, circular saws, joiner-planer blades and knives
- rotary mower blades, hedge trimmers, reel mowers, axes, machete, corn knife, hand sickle, grass whip, grub hoe, pick, spade, edger, bulb auger, cultivator, ice chopper, loppers, pruners, grass shears, hedge shears, pole clip blades, pruning saws, splitting maul, brush hook
- carbide saw blades, steel saw blades, triple chip
- drill bits HSS Steel, Masonry-Carbide tipped, router bits, hammer bits, chisels, dado heads
- meat cutters, food slicers
- chef knives, cleavers, fillet knives, straight and serrated edge cutlery, kitchen knives, re-serrated bread knives, poultry shears
- Pocket knives, hunting knives
- Linoleum and carpet knives
- pet groomer clippers
- animal farms using large and small clippers (horse, sheep, llama, etc.)
- vet medical instruments
- dental surgical instruments
- office paper cutters
- reamers, end-mills
- fly knives
- bed knives
So many opportunities to find new business! Saw supply shops, lawn service companies, farmers, loggers, flooring companies, hardware stores, tree cutting services, farmers, fire departments, beauty salons and spas, pet groomers, vets, restaurant owners, chefs, meat cutters, grocers, homemakers, professional and hobby woodworkers…the list goes on.
Remind them to keep all tools sharp!
Creative Lakes Media, LLC includes Brenner Editorial Services, a marketing communications freelance writing and editing service based in Minneapolis, MN.
Check back often for more in-depth coverage and insight about the sharpener’s marketplace with regional, national and global industry news. © 2012 Creative Lakes Media, LLC